We are Levelling up Northern Power Women Awards 2023 with Audio Nominations and updated categories including Levelling Up Leader and Inclusive Innovation
Founder Simone Roche MBE declares: “Nominations are open and we are ready to unearth more role models than ever before as this year we are innovating by welcoming audio nominations. Also launching a levelling up leader category”
Media Release: 06 September 2022
Nominations are open for the seventh Northern Power Women Awards (2023) on Tuesday, 6th September 2022 – Tuesday, 4th October 2022.
NPW founder Simone Roche MBE has a simple message for people: “Let’s celebrate and recognise those who are changing the status quo and impacting change.”
Northern Power Women has been advancing gender equality and inspiring change in organisational culture from the North for the last seven years, working alongside changemakers, business and community leaders to champion gender balance throughout communities and organisations.
As nominations open again, Northern Power Women is intent on discovering and celebrating those who are making impact in accelerating gender equality and wider inclusion. The Northern Power Women Awards are not just for one night as they showcase and platform role models throughout the year. Platforming role models is vital in the reinvigoration of individuals, organisations and communities to create meaningful change using power for good.
“Now in the seventh year of nominations, we are so excited to hear about the role models in your life! Whether you work with them, they are from your community or you admire them from afar – take a few minutes to recognise a role model.” Simone says.
Option to submit audio nominations increases accessibility for all
“In order to make nominations more accessible this year we are open for audio submissions as well as written nominations! We are passionate about dismantling any barriers to recognising role models and by innovating our nominations process we are increasing access for all.” says Simone.
It is so important to recognise the people creating powerful and profound change in the way things are done, who are pulling down barriers and facilitating a true levelling up of opportunity so that we can continue to build forward better and lead from the North.
Updated categories to celebrate leaders driving the levelling up agenda and those who are pursuing game changing inclusive innovation.
The Awards now include 11 categories including Agent of Change, Mentor of the Year, One to Watch and specific awards for organisations. Disruptor for Good, in honour of the late Professor Jane Turner OBE DL will go into its second year whilst Person with Purpose and the Outstanding Entrepreneur Award ensure there is something for everyone.
Northern Power Women was set up in 2015 to celebrate and showcase the amazing trailblazers and go-getters in the North and to amplify their work and spread its impact.
Simone says: “The wealth of talent and passion in and from the North needs to be highlighted and celebrated in all its glory.” She goes on: “I cannot wait to see the phenomenal role models that will be unearthed in this year’s Northern Power Women Awards. The brilliant stories, achievements and accomplishments that embody this community never ceases to amaze me.”
Alison Kay, EY UK&I Managing Partner for Client Service says: “The Northern Power Woman Awards positively unites people and organisations, to showcase – with huge pride – the exceptional talent and opportunities this great region has to offer. EY are proud to be part of that community and to work alongside Simone, to champion investment in the North of England and the levelling-up agenda. This will be the third year that we have sponsored the Awards, which highlights role models, their achievements, and the contribution of the region to the prosperity of the UK.”
The 2023 Awards
- Nominations can now be submitted at: www.wearepower.net/awards/nominate
- The Awards nominations, which will be judged by a panel of over 70 people, are open from Tuesday 6th September to Tuesday 4th October 2022.
- The Categories shortlist will be announced on 10th January 2023.
- The judges also compile a Power List and Future List taken from the nominations which will be announced on 7th February 2023.
- Awards event will take place at the Manchester Central Convention Complex on Monday 20th March 2023.
- Headline sponsor is EY and category sponsors are BNY Mellon, United Utilities and NatWest, HSBC, Michael Page and the Instititue for Inclusive Innovation who are all committed to supporting and accelerating gender equality.
- Northern Power Women offers a range of partnering opportunities around the event, including booking tables, sponsoring category awards and Pay It Forward schemes to enable access for people who would otherwise not be able to attend.
Facts and stats
- The Awards are using the hashtags #NPWAwards and #WeArePower
- Northern Power Women has a community of 85,000 individuals from all sectors, genders, regions and levels
- This year’s 2022 Awards trended in 10 cities, were streamed by 1500 viewers
- They received a record breaking 1400 nominations for the Awards in 2022 and over 6000 nominations in total since the awards began
- This year to increase accessibility the 2023 Awards are open to audio nominations
- Founder Simone Roche received an MBE in 2019 for her work in advancing gender equality.
- Watch the 2022 Awards Highlights
Notes to editors
Northern Power Women is the collaborative campaign to accelerate gender diversity from the North of England. Their aim is to transform the culture of organisations; increase opportunities for all; showcase role models; and highlight best practice among organisations that are helping to drive and lead economic growth.
They engage people from all industries and business areas as ‘agents of change’ and connect, collaborate, and celebrate their achievements as campaign champions and advocates to drive gender balance from the North of England.
For further information contact Philly Strahan (Partnerships Manager) email@example.com